Visit Our Other Pages:

Monday 28 March 2011

Uplifting Meditation: Sufi Whirling Meditation

Looking for an easy, free, fun way to bring back some positive energy into your meditations???

Last year, I was in Amsterdam with my cousin and we were checking out the culture festivals... then I saw my first Sufi whirling performance. Although, I had heard of it - nothing beats seeing it in person by those who practise it!

At The Uitmarkt festival:
It was beautiful!

So contageous too lol, a few people in the crowd joined in and this heavily pregnant lady was in front of us - I was so worried that she would topple right over as she was spinning so hard! And it made me realise why I love spinning so much when I dance lol! Try it as a moving meditation, it loosens up all the negative energy and brings back that exciting rush! I've decided to include a healthy dose of dancing and whirling into my morning meditations now lol!

No comments: