Visit Our Other Pages:

Sunday 21 November 2010

Natural Beauty: Non-Toxic Nail Polish

As my journey continues to explore natural beauty products and avoid toxic beauty ingredients... the next thing I'm looking into is nail polish!!!

I hardly ever wear it, but I still like to use it from time to time to match my crystal gem rings (I am obsessed with crystal healing these days lol!) - deep purples, gold and black being a favourite... so naturally, I felt that I had to explore the natural options out there.

The 3 big toxic ingredients in nail polish are:
~ Toulene
~ Formaldehyde
~ Dibutyl Phthalate

It's so important to be aware of their dangers... so many beauty blogs and magazines promote products without even mentioning the hidden ingredients that can build up over time.
Great article to read:

Great video exlaining the toxic ingredients...

OK, now for the good news... there are some lovely brands out there that do offer a wide spectrum of colours to choose for your non-toxic nail polish... here are a list of brands and their descriptions

Zoya nail polish is now my new best beauty buy! There is a HUGE choice of gorgeous colours and you can also order a colour spoon (see video on website) to really see if it's the right colour for you! Or like me, I just google'd "Zoya swatches" images to see examples of the colours I was interested in.

Free from: Formaldeyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate, Camphor and Vegan Friendly.

I'm loving the Winter 2010 collection...

Gorgeous!

No comments: