Visit Our Other Pages:

Tuesday 9 March 2010

World Film: Mixed-Up Style

Note from film maker:
"Mixed Up is a film which explores the correlations between mixed race heritage and style influences. I made this film for my final major project at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication where I studied BA Fashion Promotion. It was all conceived, filmed and edited by me and is my first film... ever. "
See Website!

Mixed Up from cassie clarke on Vimeo.


I came across this video through a friend on facebook last year...

Some great insights into different people's experiences that I found interesting! It did get me thinking about many issues related to how we use our own culture to express our Self, consciously or subconsciously.

As a bi-racial person, it got me also thinking about how much my own cultures affect me daily, in life generally...

I prefer to say that I am a TCK (Third-Culture-Kid) as I have also been brought up with many influences from many other cultures outside of my own African-Spanish background, and have been an expat for 99.99% of my life... it has all shaped me as a person and I think on a subconscious level, I do explore and express it through everything, including what I like to wear!

Some reflections:
No matter where you come from or your cultural and racial background...

How much of it is expressed in your daily life? (Fashion, music etc.)

No comments: